Choosing where to send your children to school is one of the most important decisions your family will make. Eden Prairie Schools recognizes that every family has big dreams for their children. We also recognize that every child has unique needs. It is our goal to offer the best learning environment for your child.
Academic and support program specialists collaborate with classroom teachers to design and deliver differentiated classroom instruction to ensure that each child who walks through our doors reaches his/her full potential. A number of programs help us achieve that goal:
- Special education programs that are recognized for their outreach and excellence;
- Mosaic, our new full-day program for highly gifted students;
- KEY, for gifted and talented students in second through sixth grades, provides programming at special times during the week;
- Support for English language learners;
- Spanish immersion, an education option that begins in preschool;
- STEM-based curriculum (focused on science, technology, engineering and math);
- Comprehensive early childhood programs, including newborn, parent, special education and preschool choices;
- Co-curricular activities that include the largest array of athletic, academic and music options of any district in the state;
- Community education classes that promote life-long learning from birth to age 99!
Providing a 21st century, innovative education environment means we are always looking ahead. Exciting initiatives are underway that will enhance our curriculum and program to the benefit of all our students.
- i-Learn@EP is our digital initiative. We are putting technology in the hands of every student to create a 24/7 learning environment that can be individualized to meet each students needs.
- A strategic planning process began this year, involving more than 115 dedicated individuals who are parents, community members and district staff. Their work will set the school district’s course for the next five years and beyond.
We encourage you to check the links above, and explore other areas of our website, to learn more about Eden Prairie Schools. Also you will want to compare our assessment data with that of other districts at the Minnesota Department of Education website.
Why Eden Prairie Schools? Because every day, and everywhere in the district, we work to fulfill our mission to inspire each student to achieve success and personal fulfillment.